Abortion can have devastating effects on a woman of any age. The staff of CFPC offer a safe, confidential environment to express and work through emotions associated with abortion loss. We offer a listening ear, information and support groups that lead to hope and healing.
Whether a woman's abortion took place recently, or several years ago, it may have left her experiencing Post-abortion Stress. Some of the symptoms are listed below. Depending on the severity of her symptoms, we can help her begin a journey of healing or refer her to a professional counselor for assistance.
- Psychological "numbing"
- Guilt and Blame
- Substance abuse
- Re-experiencing events related to the abortion
- Pre-occupation with becoming pregnant again
- Anxiety over fertility and childbearing issues
- Interruption or disruption of the bond with
- present or future children
- Self-destructive behaviors
- Anniversary reactions
- Risky sexual practices